Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thunder and the Spleen

So, a couple of quick things this week.  I'm working on a longer post, but it's like, extensively researched and stuff, so it will be up hopefully by next week.

First, Kimya Dawson has a new album coming out called Thunder Thighs.  There are two really great songs on the interwebs now, both featuring one of the greatest music artists going in any genre AESOP ROCK!!!

This is not to downplay Kimya, as this looks like it will be one of her best records, nor is it to ignore that one of these songs also features John Darnielle of my favorite band the Mountain Goats.  Here are the songs in question, enjoy:

Walk Like Thunder by kimyadawson

http://soundcloud.com/somekindofawesome/kimya-dawson-miami-advice-feat


*****

The other thing is, I have this other venture going right now that I want anyone reading this to check out.  It's called Revolving Spleen and the point behind it is to bring unsigned artists who are giving something away for free into the light and connect them with an audience.  I've gotten some positive response so far, but I need more people to contribute, and of course more people to be fans.

Read more here and here

Check out the facebook page and follow the Spleen on twitter too @revolvingspleen

The idea is for fans to get free music and artists to get free exposure, so anyone who finds the idea mildly interesting should check it out.  I've been plugging this all over the internet because it's the thing I'm working on that I care for most right now.  Please help the Spleen bring free music and community spirit to the world of true indie music.

No comments:

Post a Comment